Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Self-Serendipity

(accidentally discovering yourself after losing it)

After a night of all-out singing and after watching a movie I so long wanted to see, I realized something...

I've lost myself.

I am not the person I thought I would become. My priorities have changed, leading me to a life I never thought living. Others may call it maturity. Some might not even notice. But to me, it's maneouver, changing lanes or maybe more of turning to a different direction.

Where had the funny, optimistic, hopeless romantic girl gone? How could I just trade all I dreamt of for the sake of convenience?

Well, of course, this is a little safer. And the Me-now will be satisfied. But safety and satisfaction does not guarantee happiness and fulfillment. No regrets though. Never. Not even a bit. I still know what I want and am still praying for it to happen. But the Me-now, with all the life's lessons and maturity, should look for the Me-I used to know, the Me- I've Iost, to be the Me-I wanted to be -- the Real-Me.

No comments: