Wednesday, May 07, 2008

TR1

sitting alone in the training room minus the buzzings and murmurings of my trainees, I got the chance to look at the whole room fenced by its four green-colored walls. Not that I do not know this room. I am familiar with each and every corner, from the computers, to the projector up to the pencil sharpener. The thing is, I am having that melodramatic sentimental moment we usually see in the movies when someone is about to leave his house and he makes one final look but instead of empty corners, he sees memories.



Training Room 1 has been my office for the last 6 months since I started doing induction training for new colleagues in my department. It was here where I conducted my very first session, trying to speak louder so trainees could not hear the beats of my nervous heart. Too many times I had to stop them from making too loud laughters from the games we play. In a few occassions, I had to speak some real words of encouragement to lessen frustrations caused by learning or the absence of it. One of the greatest feelings is when they believe in themselves when I told them that I do.

Five batches, 14 nationalities, too many personalities have been revealed in this room. Things have been taught. Stories have been told. Friendships were built. Laughters were shared. Believe it or not, tears have been poured out. Lives have been changed. All inside the Training Room 1. And the sweetest things is, at the end of the day, when we go out of the room, I am not just their trainer, I am a friend.

In two weeks time, I will be transferring to Burj Al Arab. I will be leaving this hotel. I will be leaving Training. In the past six months, I sure learned a lot myself. When I look at the whole experience, I was not the Trainer. I was actually a Trainee.

.

No comments: